Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Life's like an onion...

Today I'm on set of The Onion News Network on Comedy Central. It's a cool new show, totally satirical on news and sports. While the crew sets up the set, I figured I'd blog because I forgot "The Girl Who Played With Fire". The reason I didn't bring my book to finish the last 20 pages of is due to the fact that I navigated my way to the Bronx by car. Normally, my train commute requires some reading material, but I figured I wouldn't be wrapping up my novel while I sat in traffic on the George Washington Bridge. A weekend of late night waitressing followed by post-shift cocktails and early mornings didn't help me for the early call today. We're only shooting a webisode so it won't be a long day. I have some good footage of Sunday night karaoke, which made the weekend very worthwhile. It'll be on Youtube as soon as possible, for all those who want to witness Sundays at an Irish bar at the shore where everyone gets a chance to belt out the tunes or dance the night away. There should definitely be a reality show on it or at least some of the regular characters! I can't help but think of the song "LOLA" by The Kinks when it comes to that lovely Sunday. "Well, I'm not the worlds most masculine manN but I know I am and I bet I'm a man..and so is Lolaaa". Anyways. Time to work. Keep on pluggin' all you hard workers out there. Stay warm! :). let it be..
To sum up the morning of work on the show by using a play on words (one of my favorite things to do)...
"Life is like an onion; you peel away the layers one at a time, and sometimes you weep..."

No comments:

Post a Comment