Wednesday, February 2, 2011

It's Groundhog Day!

       Lately, I've been able to relate to Bill Murray in the classic movie "Groundhog Day".  Over Christmas break until New Years there were basically no shoots for film or television going on in the tri-state area...Remind me next year to take a vacation from December 23 to January 10!  Then, things started to pick up; I got booked for some auditions and photo shoots...but, of course, blizzards delayed my commute to Manhattan weekly.  Living in central Jersey and trying to get to the big city can be a burden sometimes because when there's a delay, it's not a subway ride away and you'll be a few minutes late..it's an hour + a few minutes late.  NOT professional or good at all. 
      I'm someone who enjoys being early or at least on time because if I'm not I get extremely anxious, and usually sweaty.  When it comes to public transportation or rush hour traffic one has to realize she has no control over how fast she gets someplace.  Just breath..chances are, if you're late, so is everyone else, and if not...next time you better leave earlier!  There are only so many days of our life, and usually they are flying by without notice.  Why not make the most of each and every one?  Try something different, new and exciting, feel content exactly where you are for a moment, but don't get too comfortable.  And, if you know you will be late for an important audition or meeting or date, don't beat yourself up.
     Anyways, back to Bill Murray and one of my favorites quotes that I like to relate to the daily post-collegiate lifestyle and most people's daily lives in general.  
   "I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl. We ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters....That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over, and over..." -Groundhog Day

1 comment:

  1. We can relate our whole life to Groundhog Day. Every day is a miracle and it is the way we look at it. The alarm clock plays the same tune, the weather sucks, and we are always in need of a vacation. However, you made it through the winter months on the East Coast and the Spring is finally here. I think it is going to be an early spring :)

    ReplyDelete