Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Slowly but Surely

Hello!  So, I've never had a blog before, but always wanted one.  I guess my fear was that I couldn't keep up with it...We'll see:  I could get started by sharing a little bit about myself.  My name is Michele "Misha" Whalen, I am 23 years old and I'm an actress.  I currently live in New Jersey and commute to New York City in search of a film and television career.  Yayy! I know, there are way to many of us out there, but I truly believe that each and every person in this business has so much to offer the world, and it's a matter of persistence and drive within us.  This career is not an easy one, but none really are right now.  I have friends and family who can't stand to keep applying for jobs and not hearing back and remain unemployed...Welcome to my world of REJECTION.  It sucks, but people in all arenas need to keep on truckin'; this economy will improve and jobs will start hiring once again.
I graduated from the University of New Hampshire in May 2010 and man do I miss it there!  hard to believe it's been almost a year since then.  Hard to believe I spent four years there and they're gone!  Time flew, and I had a little too much fun.  This real world of the entertainment business is stunning...it's actually a smaller industry than I thought, definitely need to know the right people.  I started doing background/extra work in October (summer waitressing at the Jersey Shore took over my post-college life), and I have been in LOVE with being on a set ever since.   This isn't my first time getting involved in shoots, I lived in LA for 6 months in 2009 and the Hollywood lifestyle was very intimidating for me.  I felt like an ant in the Grand Canyon.  Mostly, I realized it wasn't my time to get started as an actress.  I had another year of college left, and I needed to completely  focus on one thing at a time...Here I am!  Watch out world!  This week's task: Sending submission packets to agencies and casting directors--I've sent 60 so far..and counting! Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment