Thursday, February 17, 2011

3 Birds, 1 Stone

Hello!
This post is dedicated to my dear friend, Brianna.  I'm pretty sure she is the only person that reads this, and she keeps me motivated by checking up on my life; making sure I continue to chase my dream so that we may one day work together...AKA she will help manage my life as an actress! Last week I went into the Big Apple a couple of times for open calls.  Two of which were for some extras casting agencies that were doing work on a film Shame, New Years Eve and the HBO hit Boardwalk Empire.  I can only keep the faith that waiting on lines with 300 or so other people for 2 hours will turn into something decent.  I went to a photo shoot for a a really neat campaign called Citizen People downtown.  It was awesome, the photographers were adorable and we had a really great time working together.  Looking forward to seeing the finished shots.  I got to portray a business woman, dancer, and the uniqueness of me :)  Before that, I had an audition for an independent film.  I read for a few different roles that were each very diverse, and had a fun audition trying to get into the characters.  Went well, and seems promising yayy! If I don't get one of the speaking roles, they had me audition my hip hop dance as well, so I'll at least get camera time breaking it down!
 I also had an audition with a management company later on in the evening; hence, 3 birds 1 stone.  Haven't heard back yet so who knows?! 15 of us had to go into a room with 1 casting director and "perform" our commercial sides that were given to us.  I did a Breyer's yogurt commercial and had a lot of fun with it..How could I not have fun getting all excited about raspberries and smooth yogurt.  I don't know what they were looking for, but I did my best and that's all I got.  Continuing to attend these cattle calls can only turn into something worthwhile..right?  Time will tell. Happy Belated Valentine's Day! <3
 Sometimes we all need a little motivational quote for the day: This one is from the 1999 film At First Sight-- "I saw the horizon.  It's out there.  And though I may not ever be able to touch it, it's worth reaching for."

No comments:

Post a Comment